I agree with the assertion that
“love is the love of being loving.” Although I was not able to relate to the
movie references, I understood what the lines were conveying. Enjoying to display love or affection towards someone
makes you and the other person happy. Love is doing something for someone else while enjoying doing it (not merely because you feel obligated to do so). Even in love that is not romantic love, this
statement holds true. Loving others, whether be children, students, or strangers, brings a
sense of joy to the giver. There is a certain joy that comes from giving (maybe it's the smile the person's face whom you've helped or merely, the feel-good do-good phenomenon: feeling happy and because of that doing good deeds). Because you are loving to others and take pleasure
in it, you are “loving the way God loves.” Likewise, showing love to others means that
intrinsically you are also able to love yourself, and that is a good feeling
for anyone.

No comments:
Post a Comment